Friday, March 11, 2011

No posting from Istanbul permitted by Court Order!

Hi Everyone,
It appears I will not be able to continue posting my travel blog while in Turkey. Why?  Because in late February, a Turkish Court ordered Google Blogger blocked to all Internet users in Turkey.  Why?  Because some individuals were posting soccer match video that belonged to a Turkish cable company and the cable company went to Turkish Court to stop it.  

Isn't that insane?  To block access for the entire Internet community in Turkey because of some individuals posting soccer video they didn't have a right to post.  The more I travel, the more I appreciate how good we have it back home.  Freedom of speech should never be taken for granted.

I will continue to post comments on Facebook as Shari Holloway, so please, look for me there in the meantime.  Thanks!
Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment