Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rounding 3rd and heading for home...

Hi all,
I still need to fill you all in on Vienna and Budapest but I wanted to let everyone know what's my plans are for the last leg of my trip.  I am currently in Budapest but (hopefully) Monday morning I will be able to pickup my Tourist Visa to visit China!  I procrastinated turning in my paperwork at the Chinese Embassy and so I can't pick it up until tomorrow.  I fly out Monday night for Copenhagen, Denmark where I board the Norwegian Sun for a 9 day cruise of the Baltic Sea.  Hmmm...I cut that a little close.

 I tried (unsuccessfully) to get a tourist Visa for Russia so the only other way to visit  Saint Petersburg, Russia is via cruise ship.  I picked a cruise that had two full days in St. Petersburg and single day ports of call in Germany, Estonia, Finland and Sweden.   In order to see St. Petersburg, I must take  tours offered by the cruise line but they offer about 20 different tours that cover all the highlights.  I'm excited.  I really didn't know if I would get to see Russia or not.

I arrive back in Copenhagen and will get my Visa for India there.  Again, hopefully!  After I have my India Visa in hand I leave for Beijing China where my plan is to take the Qingzang (high elevation) train from Beijing to Lhasa, Tibet and then do a tour of Tibet.  Tickets for the train go on sale around 10 days early so I won't know until after the cruise if I got train tickets.  Cross your fingers!

After China I fly to Delhi, India and tour northern India sights (Golden Triangle) and then I plan on flying to Southern India - Mumbai, Goa, Cochin depending on time.  I've booked my return flight from Delhi to LAX via Chicago.   I arrive at LAX and later that day fly to Reno, Nevada to see my Mom for a few days.  Then back to Ventura  - Home, Sweet, Home!

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment